Thursday, February 26, 2009

Eye to wing mirror...


Photo: Twin brothers, From right to left
Didier (Me) and Olivier.Many years ago!

I'm Didier Rutagungira
The sixth out of eight siblings including my twin brother.
growing up, my family were refugees in a neighboring country Burundi where my parents had gone in 1959 because of violence against their ethnic group. This made it not safe for them to stay in Rwanda.

When we returned right after the Genocide of 1994, we found that a large number of our relatives were killed and all of their properties were destroyed. I was nine years old at that time.
In that situation, I grew up with anger, loneliness, bitterness and self-hatred. All this affected me in my teenage years where I developed rebellion against many people.
Life was not easy for me, but I thank God for how He kept me in His merciful arms until the
time I decided to receive Him as my Savior in 2002 after hearing how Jesus loved us unconditional love and how it's only through Him that we can em brass real being a child of God.

In 2005, I joined the Discipleship Training School (DTS) in Youth with a Mission Rwanda. There I got to know God’s nature and character, His Father heart and His forgiveness. After this period of 6 months, I felt clearly in my heart that God wanted to use me for His Kingdom.

Since 2006, I am a fulltime missionary within the international Christian organization called“Youth With A Mission” in Rwanda.
I serve in areas of training (Discipleship Training Schools (DTS) and School of Communication Foundations (SCF)),
doing communications for the YWAM base (correspondence, creating documents, website editing (administration work)

Depending on how busy I'm I work part time with youth from the surrounding community by discipling them in order to reach the non-saved ones and help them to grow in their relationship with God and others.

From here...... next time!

Blessings,
Didier R




No comments:

Post a Comment